Rein in Taufers
With approximately 340 inhabitants, Rein in Taufers lies at 1,600 m above sea level in the Reintal, a side valley of the Tauferertal, and belongs to the community of Sand in Taufers in the Pustertal. The Reintal branches off near Sand in Taufers and lies at the foot of Hochgall (3,436 m) in a spectacular natural landscape surrounded by the Rieserferner Group in the Rieserferner-Ahrn Nature Park.
Its altitude and its peaceful location offer optimal conditions for a relaxing holiday and athletic activities, with many opportunities for hikers, ski tourers, ice climbers, and winter sports enthusiasts. In the wide Rein valley basin, the longest cross-country ski trails run through an area with guaranteed snow in a nearly untouched natural idyll. Our Reinerhof Hotel lies right at the Rein in Taufers ski area, which is particularly family-friendly and also ideal for children.
Our hiking tips:
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Kasseler Hütte/Rifugio Roma – 2.5 hours
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Rieserfernerhütte/Rifugio Vedrette di Ries – 4 hours
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Knuttenalm/Malga Knutten – 1 hour
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Lobiser-Schupf/Alta Via Riva di Tures – Durra Alm/Malga Durra – Knuttenalm/Malga Knutten – 4 hours
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Kofler Seen/Laghi Koflerseen – Sossenalm/Malga Sossen – Knuttentalm/Malga Knutten – 6 hours
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Kofleralm/Malga Kofler – Kasseler Hütte/Rifugio Roma (Artur-Hartdegen-Weg/Altavia Arthur-Hartdegen) – 7 hours
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Ahornach/Acereto – 3 hours
- Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures – Ochsenlenke/Costa die Bovi – Weiße Wand/Croda Bianca – 5 hours